Today is one of those days I wish I had a car or kids or some kind of excuse to go visit a pumpkin patch! The closest approximations to pumpkins patches in downtown Montreal might be the huge selections over at the Atwater or Jean-Talon Markets. I love the harvest-y, cozy, bundle up, can/jar foods-ness of the season and everything that goes with it like apples and cinnamon, hunkering down to watch movies, sweaters, tweed jackets, leaves turning, Halloween, ridiculous Halloween decorations everywhere!
This year I’m going to:
- Buy a mammoth pumpkin and carve it with Mike while we
- Watch scary movies programmed by Mike
- And cook the pumpkin guts and toast the seeds
- Lug said pumpkin over to Our Goode Neighbours place on Halloween to give out candy to the kids (they have a porch)
- Will also find time to dry an apple to use as the face of a kitchen witch which (ha!) I’ve been planning on making for a long time. Yay!
- And ogle blog posts about the season such as Pumpkin Bliss on Design*Sponge
There are, of course, other items on the autumn menu like grant writing, band recording, etc. But you know. It’s fall!