1. Stayed healthy during the Pop Montreal festival: tabled both days of the record fair while finishing up my cold, didn’t haul too much home, just a few records (Mahalia Jackson, Roberta Flack with Donny Hathaway, Paul Simon’s Graceland for Mike, plus Yamantaka//Sonic Titan CD) as well as a Psychic Handshake t-shirt, which I love. Photo soon.
2. The Cindy Crabb (Doris zine) + Jeff Miller (GHOST PINE zine) reading at Le Cagibi on Thursday evening, which is the Montreal launch of Crabb’s The Encyclopaedia of Doris. I won’t be able to make it, but I urge y’all to go- both of these peeps are great writers and zine makers. Thanks to Radical Montreal for the tip!
3. Sick Friend’s The Draft Dodger
4. The latest issue of Good Housekeeping. Yeah, that’s right. I was in the check out line at the grocery store and the first thing that caught my eye was the pumpkin followed closely by the ‘Sleepless?’ headline and then the ‘slow cooker suppers’…which has become increasingly relevant to me, once again, now that I’m arriving home too tired to cook some nights.
5. Mini-Wheats. Never been a cereal kinda girl but I’ve been going hard on these guys. Like, craving them even.
6. Having half-cleaned my studio. Not so bad!
7. Autumn everything: cooler weather, cooler fashions, warmer foods, darker beer…mmm. Movies watched under blankets, kitties on laps. Visits to the river in sweaters. Pressuring The Goode Neighbours into letting us give out Halloween candy from their porch! None of these listed items have come to pass yet, but I def’ Like Them Today.
8. Playing shows with the band again, the new tunes are growing up on stage out of the studio and feeling great.
9. Painting my nails all different colours.
10. Coming home to home cooked meals PLUS baking (banana strawberry bread!). Yum.