1. My new job at CKUT 90.FM…Music Coordinator babyyyyy! I’m honoured to take over from the rad Andrea-Jane Cornell and to work for such an amazing and inspiring radio station.
2. Su in Verdun: delicious Turkish haute cuisine (or sumthin’), complete with a freshly redecorated interior and a young, busy vibe that’s sort of Plateau-ish. I had the delicious lamb chops and Mike had the rabbit; both were very delicious especially with the Turkish wine we had to wash it down. Think we might go back for mezes (like tapas) and a cocktail sometime soon!
3. My new portable iTelephone, first cell eva…took the photo below (of Mike) with it:
4. Cooking big dinners with leftovers on Sunday nights as well as muffins for on-the-go breakfasts during the week.
5. BBC series dramas like North & South. I can’t help myself (sorry Jess)!
Caila Thompson-Hannant a.k.a. Mozart's Sister via The Hour
More links! I picked five Canadian tunes to contribute to the Southern Souls staff list of best songs of 2011, check ’em out.
Also, I’m on Twitter for real now, not just for my band (who’re prolly relieved) and work (so hard to keep profesh’). Um, “follow me”?
Can’t believe I forgot to post this here! Allison is super talented and she graciously took this photo of us in the fall. Cobra & Vulture’s site is here, of course. xo
Remember those videos my band did for the Southern Souls website? I’m now writing for the site, which is focused on Canadian music, so this will be a great way for me to keep exploring new artists and sounds on the regular. Do check out my first album review for SS: Dixie’s Death Pool – The Man With The Flowering Hands